Wednesday, July 1, 2009

1st Birthday

Ryan's First Birthday...as you know we decided not to do a birthday party but to spend the day as a family. Ted being Ted, he knows everyone and has a connections for everything. So we decided to spend Ryan's first birthday taking him to his first Dodger game. Ted's friends David works for the Dodgers and got us great seats in the shade of the Club Level as well as a birthday greeting on the Dodger's message board. Ryan experienced LA traffic, his first game, first Dodger Dog, and ended the day covered in cake. Although I was ok with it Ted wouldn't let Ryan participate in the "Wave". Ted and I had a great dinner to celebrate one year with a bottle of 2001 Lancaster Nichole Cabernet.. Great Day!! Oh by the way, the Dodger's won one to nothing.

I bought a banner even though there wasn't a party.....
I made him wear a silly hat and bib in this morning after breakfast.


It took us a while to get to the game but Ryan did great. He was probably excited that he can see what is going on with his seat facing forward.


Birthday message on the message board middle of the 3rd and 6th innings.
Thank you David, that was very special!!


OH---that was a long day!

He loved his birthday cake. I made a healthy one but it didn't look very good so we went with a store bought cupcake. I promised him I would make him a cake next year that wasn't healthy but a good old fashion birthday cake.

1 comment:

KKJW said...

LOVE these pictures! So glad to hear his birthday went well, though I'm sure you and Ted are exhausted. Yay for being a 1 year old!