Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fun in Arizona

Ryan and I travelled to Arizona last week. He experienced his first plane flight. I think I was more nervous then he was. Of course both flights were jam packed. He did great!!
After arriving in Arizona Ryan got to meet his Great Grandparents, Jean and Charles Weleck.

Some of my great childhood memories are with my Grandparents. I was so wonderful to see them with my son, it brought tears to my eyes.

Thursday was a Ryan meet and greet cocktail party. If anyone knows my parents friends they are a great group of people and any reason is a good reason for a cocktail party. I think the number one comment was WOW he is big!!! Everyone thought he was adorable and said he looks like me (I think he looks like Ted).


Aunt Amy and Aunt Jan

On Friday my Uncle Steve came over for a visit. He couldn't put Ryan down. My cousin Brian and his wife Kassandra are expecting a girl in January. I am so excited for Steve and Marilyn, they are going to be great grandparents. Our small family is slowly growing.


We travelled to Pinetop, Arizona where my parents have a house in the mountains. They remodelled a couple of years a ago and I haven't had a chance to get up there. It was a beautiful. I only wished I lived closer so I could enjoy it. The Reynolds family from Albuquerque joined us in Pinetop for a family reunion. Ryan got to meet his Great Grandpa Jack, Great Aunt Mary, Scott, Alicia, Lee and Harriett. It was great to see everyone. We very rarely get all together. We missed Michelle and her family.



Ryan did good in the car (3.5 hours) with one stop and feed he only had 2 meltdowns. He has a new pissed off cry and he definitly was telling us he was pissed to be back in his seat. The weekend was full of relazing, family, food and drinking!!! Saturday night my mom, Harriett and myself stayed up until 2am (Kelly, the youngest crashed early). All I kept thinking was Ryan is going to wake up soon and I have to get up with him. It is crazy how your thought process changes. Luckily my mom offered to do the feeding, bad for her that he work up right after we went to bed.

Aunt Mary and Grandma O

Aunt Alicia and Aunt Kelly

The Reynolds family left on Sunday and the five of us enjoyed a day of laziness. Monday was a ride back to Phoenix which again Ryan did excellent. Monday night we took Ryan to my sisters restaurant where she works. He was so entertained by the four TVs that were showing Monday Night Football. I think we have a sports fan :). We had a great time but missed Ted and our house.

No comments: