Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My First Week

Finally...I'm here!!!!

I can't even begin to tell all of you how excited I am to be here. I don't even know where to start and what to say first. There are so many things going through my head right now...my great parents, USC football, the Spirit of Troy, my mom's new car, my own 42 inch flatscreen plasma above my crib (bed not house), Dodger baseball, Daddy's wine, drinking from a can (get it Richard), summer in Orange County, I'm a July birthday (barely but of course), did OJ do it, who killed J.R. and "leave the gun...take the canoli".

As most of you know, I was born last Tuesday at 12:12pm. It was getting really cramped in there and I actually popped that water balloon I was in on Monday night. It took me a little while to manuever my way out but I finally did it.

Once out, I spent some quality time with my parents. I thanked them for caring for me for the previous nine months and just when I was starting to relax, the circus showed up. In came one person after another.









First was grandpa Ted and Uncle Paul. Then it was Amy, Amanda, Racquel, Jennifer, Weston, Jessica, Scoot and Allison. Everyone seemed nice and polite but that Weston...there's just something about him that I can't put my finger on. Anyway, ater a while everyone left and Dad and I watched the Dodgers beat the Astros 7 - 6 in a come-from-behind victory. I pooped and pee'd and everyone seemed pretty excited about it for some reason.

The next day, mom and I got a new room in the hospital. It was about half the size as the first room but it was ok...I have no ego. Anyway, it was cool. I still had nice nurses and we watched the Dodgers win again, this time 4 - 1 against the same Astros as the night before. I wrote my name on the whiteboard so that the new patients in the room would know that they were following in the steps of a greatness. I didn't want to stick around to see them though. I didn't want to take away from their special moment. After all, I can relate to the commoners. As I did yesterday, I continued pooping and pee'ing and I can't understand why everyone is so giddy about it.

I finally got to go home on Thursday and boy oh boy was home everything that I thought that it would be. Mom had set up my room exactly as she said she had and my TV was exactly where dad said that he put it...directly above my crib to watch replays of USC games. I have a play area and a swing downstairs (I think I'm going to really like that swing - Thank you Amy and Steve Blum), and a huge bedroom full of toys upstairs.
I stopped pooping today until I can figure out what all of the commotion about it is. We watched the Dodgers beat the Astros 5 - 2...my first sweep and now we go to Frisco. I already hate the Giants.






I also got to meet Uncle Richard, aunt Frances and my cousins Maya and Gabi. I don't know why uncle Richard buttons his shirt all the way up like that. Aunt Frances was funny with her comments about nothing in particular. Maya was awesome and Gabi seemed gassy with all of her grunts while pointing at me.





















I met aunt Kelly today too. I can tell that her and I are going to get along really well...or at least her friends and I will.









Friday...the 4th of July. My Aunt Shannon came to visit.

My first 3-day weekend and I'm still not pooping. The Dodgers beat the hated ones 10 - 7 and it kept me up all night. I was so happy to beat them and I could tell that it made everyone else happy also. I cried and pee'd but I did not poop again. Dad was so happy that he drank 2 bottles of his 2004 Insignia (I hear that's good stuff and I can't wait to crack that open with him and a good steak). I celebrated so much after the Dodger win that I slept through the firework show. Happy birthday Aunt Jen Jen and Becky the B.

Saturday...Dodgers lost. Daddy and I drank ourselves to sleep.

Sunday was cool. We beat the Giants 5 - 3 to take 2 out of 3 from those guys and my first weekend was a good one...so good that I decided to poop today. I also got to meet Lloyd, Kelly, Bryan and Morgan. They're all nuts!! I can't wait to see them again.

Monday was more of the same. I slept, pee'd, pooped, sat in the swing and watched the Dodgers win again, this time against los Bravos. Some guy named Kuroda pitched 7 perfect innings and ended up throwing a one hitter in the 3 - 0 victory. If the Dodgers can continue hitting, I like their chances. Dad likes wine and I love to sleep in mom's arms and on dad's chest.

I'll write soon.

No comments: