Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Earthquake

4 weeks ago today at 11:42am I was in hard core pushing mode but today while I was cleaning the kitchen floor and Ryan was enjoying his swing we were rattled with a earthquake. I have been in California for about 4 1/2 years and haven't really had much experience with earthquakes. Today's quake was the largest I have felt which is only fitting given that it was Ryan's first experience. Of course he was unfazed enjoying the movement of the swing while the music played and fishes turned above him. After I realized what was going on (mirror shacking, dishes rattling, TV shacking) I immediately grabbed him and stood in the middle of the room not really knowing what to do. I remember someone saying to get under furniture but our kitchen table is glass so I figured that wasn't the safest place so I stood by the door and called Ted express my panic. Ted calm as usual asked if we were OK, kind of chuckled at me, told me to turn on the TV to see where it was and how big and he would call me later. I really need to educate myself on what to do if we are hit with "the big one" everyone says will come one day. Happy 4 week birthday Ryan!!!

Time for a diaper change........

Muscle Man.....

Lets dance........


Tummy time.........Ryan gets a little frustrated!!!

Make sure the sound is on -his noises are adorable.

1 comment:

Three Parks said...

i miss those noises they make! so helpless but humorous and so so cute!